Countertop Installer - Royal Countertops IncCustom Tile and Stone Installer
Primary responsibility will be the installation of custom tile and stone in residential and commercial projects.
THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL BE DOING
- Measure and mark surfaces to be tiled, following blueprints or numbered sequences; seek any work order clarification from the Field Superintendent or Superintendent.
- Utilize and maintain all company tools and machines according to company policy.
- Apply caulk, sealants, or other agents to installed surfaces; grout between joints.
- Cut or shape stone or granite to specified sizes for installation, using power saws or tile cutters.
- Transport materials, tools, and machines to installation sites as required.
- Move or position materials, such as marble slabs, using cranes, hoists, or dollies.
- Communicate effective daily progress to Foreman, including continuous communication as necessary for scheduling purposes.
- Complete time cards accurately and on time.
- Adhere to and inspect quality control standards.
- Monitored inventory levels for jobs ensuring correct amount of product on hand.
- Report issues, changes and/or inventory to the Lead Installer, or Field Superintendent.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as assigned by senior management.
- Assist in the development and learning of Jr. Installers.
- Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook, Company Safety and Health rules, OSHA regulations, and all other applicable federal and state regulations.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience of installing stone, solid surface and laminate, laying out work, repairing and tile patching, preparing sub-surfaces, sealing surfaces, waterproofing, caulking, and grouting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the installation of stone, solid surface and laminate.
- Ability to read technical drawings, math calculations (measuring, addition/subtraction, multiplication/division, ratios, percentages, dimensions, basic algebra, geometry, and their applications), oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to perform physical activities pertaining to the essential functions of the position: Requires considerable use of arms/legs and moving of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, kneeling, carrying and lifting 50-100lbs.
- Detail and task-oriented, dependable, and professional.
YOUR WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The duties of this job are performed in both an office environment and at jobsites, thereby experiencing some minor to moderate level of noise due to office and machine equipment. May require extended hours in order to meet customer’s needs.
- This position requires traveling between jobsites and Royal Countertops. Royal requires all employees who drive their personnel or a company vehicle in the routine performance of their jobs to have a valid Driver’s License. They must also provide proof of valid insurance.
Work hours 5:00am - 8:00am start
Stop times 1:30pm - 6:30pm
Approx. 50+ hour per week
Overtime as required
Work days Monday thru Saturday (Saturdays as required)
PPE: Safety glasses, ear plugs, dust mask, safety vest when required, hard hat when required
To Inquire About Position: Call 866-944-2450.