Polish, edge, and finish stone products according to quality standards.
THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL BE DOING
- Router custom stone profiles; shape, trim or touch up roughed-out design with appropriate tools in order to finish the product.
- Reface and repair stone.
- Maintain production in accordance with the design specifications, time/completion schedules, quality standards and employee safety.
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of machine tooling, safe operation of tools, inserts, and chip breaker function.
- Drill or cut into stone; verifying depths and dimension of cuts and finishes.
- Attends and participates in scheduled meetings and/or trainings as required by COO or management.
- Adhere to all Company Safety and Health rules, employee Handbook, and OSHA regulations.
- Complete time cards accurately and on time.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned by COO and/or senior management.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- At least two years of experience fabricating natural stone countertops.
- Experience in stone fabrication industry.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with hand and power tools for granite installation.
- General geological knowledge as applied to granite, marble and quartz preferred.
- Forklift driving experience preferred.
- Knowledge on Stone Material Handling.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with clients and employees both verbally and written in the English language.
- Ability to perform all types of edge work on stone; hone and refinish polished faces.
- Ability to read and understand fabrication drawings; cut or shape stone according to drawings and/or templates.
- Ability to perform basic and complex geometric and algebraic mathematical computations. It also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, bar graphs, ratios and proportions to complex and practical situations.
- General and practical knowledge of measuring tools, power tools, and equipment utilized in the tile and stone industry.
- Willingness to adapt to and accept constructive feedback and implement necessary corrections in a timely manner.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (i.e., eyeglasses, noise reducing equipment, waterproof gear, and steel toe shoes).
- Ability to push, pull, and carry materials 50-100 lbs. and prolonged standing.
- Flexibility and willingness to assume new duties/responsibilities as necessary in order to respond to fluctuating work hours driven by project/production needs.
- Able to provide and encourage positive attitude of cooperation and collaboration with management and other team members.
YOUR WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The duties of this job are performed in both an office environment and at jobsites, thereby experiencing some minor to moderate level of noise due to office and machine equipment. May require extended hours in order to meet customer’s needs.
- This position requires traveling between jobsites and Brekhus Marble & Granite/Brekhus Tile and Stone. Brekhus requires all employees who drive their personal or a company vehicle in the routine performance of their jobs to have a valid Driver’s License. They must also provide proof of valid insurance and clean MVR.
Work hours TBD (1st or 2nd shift)
Stop times TBD depending on shift
Approx. 50+ hour per week
Overtime as required
Work days Monday thru Saturday (Saturdays as required)
PPE: Safety glasses, ear plugs, dust mask, safety vest when required, hard hat when required
To Inquire About Position: Call 866-944-2450.